A CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Send in your entries/videosby Aug 31, 2012
PURPOSE: To recognize companies or individuals which have made a difference in a chosen field, either through a specific marketing campaign or an overall strategy, in the digital travel space in 2012.
• Recognising an individual marketer or company who embodies the ethos of WIT
• Creative, witty, respected, credibility, cutting edge
• An editorial choice
OPEN FOR NOMINATIONS
2. Uber Social
• The company which has made the most awesome use of social media to tell a story, engage with the customer to improve service, increase loyalty and improve revenues.
Lead Judge: Carl Griffith, Principal, Cloud View
Judging Panel: Margery Lynn, Regional Social Media Director, Dentsu Mobius; Mario Jobbe, COO & Co-Founder, Circos Brand Karma; Carmen Benitez, President & Managing Director, Fetch Plus
3. Absolute Mobile
• The company which has most brilliantly used the mobile device to engage with customers, whether pre-trip, in-destination or post-trip, and to inform, inspire and transact.
Lead Judge: Brett Henry, Vice President Marketing & Vice President India, Abacus International
Judging Panel: Ali Yilmaz, Head of Travel, Google South-east Asia; Kei Shibata, CEO, Venture Republic, Japan
4. True Specialist
The company that has most successfully carved out a niche so special and deep, told its story well online, engaged well with its customers and delivered an outstanding experience
Lead Judge: Rod Cuthbert, Interim Chairman, Rome2Rio
Judging Panel: Jens Uwe Parkitny, Vice President Digital Marketing & Distribution, Accor Asia Pacific; Robbie Cooke, CEO, Wotif Group; Richard Powell, Head of Content, Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH Group)
5. Pure Customer
The company that most understands the changing needs of the new customer and puts customer experience and customer service at the core of what it does
Lead Judge: Stephan Ekbergh, CEO, Travelstart, South Africa
Judging Panel: Alan Fairnington, Managing Partner, Duxton Consulting Group; Timothy O’Neil-Dunne, Managing Partner, T2Impact
CRITERIA – what the judges are looking for:
1. Medium/Media – a clear demonstration of great use of the medium (or media) in the chosen category – for example, in mobile, it is the use of a mobile device.
2. The Message – what was the message and how well was it delivered?
3. Creativity – in concept, execution and delivery
4. Connection – it’s not about being cool for cool’s sake but how well did it connect with the intended audience? What tangible results/metrics did it achieve?
5. The X Factor – a specificity that is unique to each category
HOW TO ENTER
Winners will be selected by our panel of judges and be given a presentation slot to share their story at the WIT Conference, Oct 16-17. The judges’ decision is final.
WITovation Awards 2011 Winners
Mobile Mover:Cleartrip, India
Social Groover:Accor Australia
Groove Specialista:Ibis Bencoolen, Singapore
Groovy Marketer:House of Travel, New Zealand
Check out story on winners here